II National Conference on Philosophy and Epistemology of History: "Time and time history of memory: the political uses of the past"
When: June 8-11, 2011
Where: Neuquén, Patagonia, Argentina
The Center for Research in Philosophy of the Social Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Humanities announces the completion of the II National Conference on Philosophy and Epistemology of History: "Time and time history of memory: the political uses of the past" to be carried out at the Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Neuquén, Patagonia, Argentina, from 8 to June 10, 2011. These Sessions are dedicated to the memory of José Sazbón.
Taking a retrospective look at the heart of achieving the American Bicentennial, we suggest the following topics:
- The temporary budget of history and memory.
- Understanding the past, remembering the past, using the past
- The politics of the time in the history and memory
- The political uses of the past and the celebrations: the Centenary and Bicentenary in retrospect.
- Commemorations and redefinitions of the "recent past", the "remote past" and "distant past."
- The "national histories" and commemorations
- The presence of the past in public space
- Political uses of representations in the recent past, the press and the state
- Ethical and political dimensions of the history of the recent past
Contributions: proposals for roundtables and papers are due on April 15, 2011. Papers can not exceed 3500 words. The full paper or an extended summary of it from no less than 600 words will be subject to evaluation. In the case of round tables will request a summary of the same general theme as well as contributions within it.
Languages: Spanish, Portuguese and English
Research in Philosophy of the Social Sciences and Humanities
Faculty of Humanities
Universidad Nacional del Comahue
TE / Fax: (54) 299-4490 389
Post a Comment